Looking for a party-ready, easy treat? I’ve got you covered.
These Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookie Bars are a salty sweet treat that’s easy to whip up, and super easy to scarf down. The prep is really simple: just make some cookie dough, mix in your pretzels and chocolate, and throw it in a pan. No other prep, no chill time…you don’t even need to roll the dough into balls! These are a great pick for events outdoors since they’ll keep nicely in hot temperatures and they’re easy to transport.
I’ve made these a few times, and they’re always a crowd pleaser. The actual cookie dough is delicious on its own, and the pretzel/chocolate combo takes it up a notch. The original recipe also includes a chocolate and peanut butter drizzle, but I’ve never tried that part and the bars certainly don’t need a drizzle to be delicious!
Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookie Bars
Original recipe: Brown Eyed Baker. I’ve rewritten things a bit and added commentary.
Yield: 32 bars
Suggested equipment: Mixer
Total Time: ~45 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate chips (or semisweet, if you prefer)
- 1½ cups mini pretzel twists, coarsely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Whisk your flour, baking soda and salt
- Using your mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until it’s light and fluffy (it will take about a minute)
- Beat in your eggs and vanilla
- Switch the mixer to low speed, then beat in the flour mixture until it’s just incorporated
- Stir in your chocolate chips and pretzel pieces by hand
- Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray
- Pour your batter into the pan and use a spatula to make sure it’s evenly spread
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown
- Let the pan cool completely, then cut into squares and enjoy!